Sunday, September 10, 2006

Time to say good-bye...

I just put Tornado T to bed without binky. I noticed that his front teeth seem to be poking out a bit, so I cut off all the tips of the binky's. I have loved the binky's just as much as he has. He always gets real quiet and stops whiney when it's in his mouth. But... I can't sacrifice his teeth for a bit of quiet.

I let him take his binky to bed, but he kept staring at it knowing that something wasn't right. I've always kept his binky's on the ledge of the crib and tonight as I was walking downstairs I could hear him searching for a binky that wasn't "broken." He should be finding out that something isn't quite right with those either. He's going to be sad, and I am sad just knowing that.

I have one binky hidden in my dresser, but I am going not going to give in and use it. So let it be written, so let it be done!

UPDATE:
Tornado T went to bed without a hitch last night. There was no crying and wailing like I expected...... until today. I put him down for a nap and there were instant tears. I held firm to my resolve not to give in. He had been crying for about 10 minutes when I checked on him. (had to make sure nothing else was wrong) He was sitting up with three binky's in his hands. I rocked him for a minute, told him that his binky's were broken and that it would be okay. I put him back in his crib, wiped more tears away and left. He cried for 20 more minutes. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of his nap tonight at bedtime.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I need to take the binkie away too, but haven't yet worked up the courage. I will be watching for updates on how he does without it.

Valarie said...

how is he doing? the thought of him searching for a new one even made me sad.