Saturday, June 02, 2007

I broke down today and bought my son a leash/harness.

There's nothing like chasing your son through The Good Earth, and not being able to catch him, (happened yesterday) and then chasing him around Subway (today). It happens all the time I let him walk. (Usually I force him into a cart.)

Makes ya feel like a good mom to constantly have your child run away from you.

***

Oh, said child is also turning into a demon. Yesterday (when leaving The Good Earth) I had to drag him kicking and screaming from the store. There were some concerned faces around me. They were probably wondering if I was going to break down and beat him there at the store or wait until we got home. (FTR, I didn't. I kept my cool.)

As I am stuffing him into his carseat he is kicking, screaming, clawing, scratching, etc. I have the marks to prove it. I am so proud of myself, even at this point I still didn't beat the kid. I may have thrown him some really dirty looks, but that is it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia - something must be in the air. Noah has been AWFUL the past few days. He is usually so good - especially in public, but Saturday and today he was simply awful. I had to leave two stores, because of his behavior. I was embarrassed and SO mad. Hopefully this will pass. I need to remember that he is 2 1/2 ... but still, it's frustrating and hard to deal with them when they get like this.

(((hugs)))

Melissa (melissa_9499)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

A harness is something I never understood....until I had kids. Now I TOTALLY get why people have them.

(((HUGS)))