Last year we tried running through sprinklers I grabbed his hand and got him to run through with me. However, I then had to dry his tears and get a change of clothing for him because he was wet.
So... it was a 4th of July miracle. We started out with the hose on the slide because T.J. actually agreed to that. Then it took me 10 minutes to talk him into getting his swim trunks on. But after that? He loved it! Then we moved to the sprinklers after that. And you know what? He liked that too. Maybe Mom knows what she's talking about after all.
The next hurdle is pools. He's been to two birthday parties in the past month and has refused to swim or get wet at both of them. But, it's all about baby steps.
Oh, and for the record.... I didn't get T.J. dressed. He chose the clashing swim outfit all by himself.
5 comments:
the outfit's fine. I just love that his shirt is tucked in. It sounds like he's going to make a great businessman someday.
Love the baby steps! We did the same thing with going in the lake, even though he loved water
YEAH!!!! :)
William picks out his own outfits now too...they are such big boys now!
Funny how Calli has no problem going in a pool, but is afraid to run through sprinklers. What's with these kids? Yeah that he finally did it! By the way, the post where Daddy used the duct tape...hilarious. Just like something Dan would do.
Post a Comment