Saturday, June 03, 2006

I just earned a sparkly sticker!

Sparkly stickers.... it's the next generation of a gold star. Why did I get a sparkly sticker? I exercised! Now, I have been walking in the mornings, but it's more of a stroll. I don't get winded; mainly it is an appreciate the beautiful morning walk. I bought a bench and a tape from a friend and decided that there was no time like the present to make my investment pay off. And pay it did. I start the 30 minute beginner routine thinking this is going to be a piece of cake! I found out that all the times that I told myself that I was in shape, I was lying. 20 minutes in I'm thinking is it ever going to end? Then the perky little blonde starts in on the *power* moves. Hello! I'm already sweating and tired. In my previous exercising days, when I started to sweat that was my signal to quit. Who likes to sweat? But I'm thinking that particular mode of thinking is what has led me to my current state. Maybe next week I'll actually finish the routine instead of fast-forwarding to the cool down.

Every day that I exercise I get a sticker. It's enough incentive for toddlers who are potty training, so I'm hoping that seeing a sparkly sticker on my calendar is enough incentive to keep me exercising.

4 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Oh, I hate sweating. So I'm heading south for a month. Makes perfect sense, no?

I'm proud of you!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

ROFL! Way to go and good luck with that.

Valarie said...

wow! give yourself two stickers for that.

emlouisa said...

lol about the stickers! I have a little calendar that I mark off every time I exercise. It really does help to see it!