I'll be the first to admit that I am not a dog lover. Other people's dogs are fine as long as they don't lick me, jump on me, or bark all day or night.
Last night I would have had uninterrupted sleep from 11:00 to 4:00 if it weren't for a stupid, damn dog. At 12:30 I am dreaming and this weird sound woke me up. I run down the hall staggering because I thought Audrey is either whimpering really weird or is having trouble breathing or something else catastrophic. She's asleep. As I wake up a bit and make a bathroom stop, I realize that the stupid chihuahua down the street is barking its head off. That's the sound that woke me from a deep, deep sleep.
Who lets their dog bark for 10 minutes at 12:30 in the morning????
Oh, I know. People who tie their dog up on the front porch to bark at every person, child, car, leaf, and bug that goes past the house.
GRRR!
2 comments:
I am totally with you on the dog barking thing. I actually love dogs, but hate it when they are barking at night and I can't sleep.
OH I love it! I feel the same way! I always have to clean the poop off my carpet, because the boys track it in because owners just let their dogs poop everywhere. I now have animal control on my speed dial so whenever I see a dog... I call. I know it doesnt sound very charitable but the dogs in our neighborhood terrorize my kids. A few weeks ago Madi came home everyday balling because a dog would bark & chase here home. Finally, I called the owners and FREAKED out. Not very good for a bishoprickers wife hu? But their stupid dog hasnt bit my kid since so... I guess it works!!
Post a Comment