Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dinner was good! Enchilda Bake

Thanks to this site we had a yummy dinner tonight. Even Tornado loved it.

Enchilada Bake

1 can (19oz) mild enchilada sauce, divided
1 can (15.25oz) corn, drained
1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed
1 lb. shredded cooked chicken
2 tbsp cilantro
12 corn tortillas, divided (I used flour tortillas)
1 ¼ C shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided (I used sharp cheddar)

Heat oven to 350. In bowl, combine ½ can of encilada sauce, the corn, black beans, chicken, and cilantro. Lay out tortillas and put filling in tortillas. Add cheese and roll up. Put in 9x13 dish, cover with remaining enchilada sauce. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes more.

4 comments:

kstrack said...

YAY! I am so glad your family liked it too! It is always nice to have one of your favorites, be a favorite for someone else!

Our family said...

We had it tonight too. I didn't know there was an actual recipe for it, I just started making this when I got too lazy to roll up my enchiladas.

Kris said...

Sounds great!

Company EIGHT said...

This is a great one...thanks for the reminder. Yum!