Saturday, January 20, 2007

Feeling so guilty....

T's second birthday is coming up and we had no idea what to get him so DA and I took T to Toys R Us to see what caught his attention. For about 30 minutes we just let him run around the store and explore. About 20 minutes in, T saw this toy. You should have seen the look of joy on his face. He spent the next 10 minutes pushing this around laughing and grinning. No matter where we went in the store, T had this little mower with him.

But, we didn't buy it. It wasn't because of the price, but the noise. The popping beads are just so loud! I know it would only be inside for a short time, but still!

Everytime I remember the look on his face and how happy he was I feel so guilty! Are we horrible parents?

3 comments:

Nettie said...

Not mean at all! We had one of the old fashioned popper style push toys with my oldest. Drove us nuts! We were glad when it broke. My toddler now has the kind that rolls and makes musical chimes instead.

Kids can make enough noise on their own, they don't need "tools" to help them!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

That's not mean...it's good parenting.

:o)

Rachelle said...

Not mean at all. I'm stuck on the 2nd birthday gifts as well. If you get any great ideas, share!