That what Tornado thinks he's going to ride once he's done potty training! He's fascinated by trains so we are going to take him on one, but I don't think the people at the Heber Creeper would like being called the Potty Train.
It's going really well. We've been potty training for 3 days and haven't had any accidents for two days. We are still struggling with going stinkies in the potty (saves it for his naptime when we put him in a pull-up) but we don't have to remind him to go potty at all. He does it on his own. We've been able to go out to dinner and to stores with no accidents. He must be really good at holding it.
I'm crossing my fingers that this continues. I'm a bit worried about Sunday at nursery though. While we were out Tornado needed to go so I took him to the bathroom. He took one look at the toilet and refused to go, waiting until we were home. I'm not sure how to overcome that one!
5 comments:
Ok- so the holding it in public cracks me up because Jessica did that... only now (at 6) she waits until we are out and then declares that she has to go RIGHT NOW. Kids are crazy and it amazes me what they come up with. Oh, btw my nephew had a potty rocket that he got to launch after being potty trained. Oh the things we do as parents...
I love the Potty Train! That is too funny. Amy thinks more short-term, with the immediate promise of candy in mind. She picked it up after two days too. I'm feeling pretty confident, except that my sister with 5 kids offered to take mine for the weekend. Of course I couldn't pass that up, but will she have enough attention to make sure Amy get to the toilet 459 times a day? We shall see. I just don't want to start this all over. Sorry, that was a really long comment! Hey I'm getting some high school gals together for lunch on June 21 at the Cheesecake factory. Any chance you could come?
I wish I could! I would love to see you again. June 21 is my sister's bridal shower. Probably something I shouldn't miss...
That is so sweet! I hope he is potty trained by now but if he is afraid of big potties (Hayden) just bring the little one. You have the van, just put down the seats and it makes a great bathroom. And then you dont have to worry. You can pull over ANYWHERE!
I hope that the potty training is going well! Can't wait to see you guys sometime this summer.
Post a Comment