Saturday, September 11, 2010

Our new house

It's still a work in progress. I was going to post more pictures but when I saw how cluttered they looked I decided not to. It started to make me feel stressed just looking at them. One drawback to this house is there aren't many storage options. So we are busy building shelves and trying to get projects done without completely neglecting our kids.

So.... the front of the house. It's another open floor plan so the kitchen, family, and dining rooms are all together, but at least you can't see the kitchen from the front door!
The entry way. The stairs to the basement are on the right.
The kids room. I lost the "paint before we move in" discussion, so it's a lovely shade of mint green in there. This room is just off the front door, directly across from the cutout in the entry way. We put french doors on it so we could use it as a bedroom until the basement is finished. Then we will use it as a living room. DA is currently painting those doors as we speak.
the kitchen
The Family room. The mirror will soon be going in an area in the entry way and the TV will be mounted on the way where the mirror is now. The antenna situation is hopefully going to be fixed next week. I'm trying to figure out how to decorate this area (shelves) without it looking so cluttered. It's better than it was, but it still has a way to go.
View from the kitchen to the front door.

And that is the end of our short little tour. If you want the real tour, clutter and all, you have to come and visit us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

House looks very nice! The whole kitchen from the front door, is something I've always hated about our house. But, it was that or live in Kearns or have a house out here without a finished basement. Love that you made so many blog updates!!!! :)

Jeremy and Molly Horn said...

And we are so glad that you live here. Even with the lime green family room. I always wondered what they were thinking when they built the house. Glad that you are our neighbors.

Malisa said...

Looks like a great house!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

It looks awesome! So happy for you!